My interests are varied but include:
I've worked as a programmer, body piercer, a Goth/Metal DJ, and nowadays I'm a system-administrator for a hosting company based in the UK.
This site is built from a series of input files, and a global layout-template, using the templer static-site-generator.
The site itself is hosted upon a dedicated KVM-based virtual machine located at Bytemark.
The machine runs several webservers, each listening upon the localhost, on a high port, allowing different webservers to run under different user-ids for security. To allow incoming access I use a simple node-reverse-proxy.
Projects I spent time on include:
- Debian Administration
- This is the site which I setup to share useful pieces of information about the Debian GNU/Linux operating system.
- Digital Photography
- I'm a keen amateur photographer, and I've posted many small images upon my "portfolio" site.
- git-based DNS hosting
- Leveraging the power of git and Amazon's Route53 infrastructure this service provides git-based DNS hosting.
- lumail - mail-client.
- lumail is a small console-based webclient, with integrated Lua scripting.
- Stop Blog & Forum Spam
- This is a simple site which offers an XML-RPC service to detect and identify blog/forum spam.
My online contact-portal contains links to other sites I host, maintain, or use (such as facebook, linkedin, etc).